Discover how to clean and press to train your legs, shoulders and arms, all in one move and build up upper and lower body faster. How to clean and press (or army bench press) refers to one of the best exercises for the development of shoulders and triceps and the total explosive power of the body
Benefits of Exercise
The barbell barbell above the head is referred to the basic exercises in bodybuilding and fitness for the development of the muscles of the shoulder girdle and triceps. The main load in the exercise lies on the front and middle bunches of deltoids and triceps, chest muscles and trapezium are also involved, and the waist, the press and legs work as stabilizers. Thanks to this powerful effect on the body, the army press is referred to exercises that accelerate the metabolism clean and press technique, which has a beneficial effect on the total body weight.
Doing this exercise (clean and press technique) will allow you to expand your shoulders, give them a complete volumetric form. And it will also contribute to progress in weightlifting, pushing the core, javelin throwing, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, handball and many other sports.
How To Clean and Press | Shoulder Exercise Guide
Technique for performing how to clean and press
- Approach the bar on the posts and grasp the neck with the upper grip slightly wider than the shoulders. Sit down a little, draw the chest under the neck, then strain the muscles of the whole body and, straightening, lift the bar from the posts, so that the neck touches the upper part of the chest. Take a step back, place your feet shoulder width apart, your feet parallel to each other, your back slightly bent in the lower back, spread your shoulders, and your eyes are straight ahead. This is the starting position.
- Inhale and, holding your breath, gently lift the bar until the arms are straightened at the elbows.
- Hold for a fraction of a second at the top point and on exhalation slowly lower the bar without touching the chest and not relaxing the muscles at the bottom point.
- Do the scheduled number of repetitions and only then lower the bar to the chest, and return it back to the racks.
It is important:
A standing bar press gives serious strain on the lower back and knees barbell clean and press, so if you have had any problems with these areas, do not follow it.
To master the exercise, perform a barbell clean and press with the lightest scales (say with an empty neck) and even mastering the technique, carefully warm up with lighter weights and do not force weights clean and press workout.
When performing how to clean and press, do not relax the muscles of the back and the press, and do not tilt the case back, otherwise it may lead to injury.
Lifting the weight with the back and legs, you reduce the load on the target muscles and also risk getting injured clean and press workout.
Clean and press exercise
Press over your head while sitting. This option is recommended for execution in case of problems with the lumbar spine, as it allows to reduce the load on the lower back.
Working muscles with clean and press exercise:
- deltoid muscles (mainly front and middle fascicles)